HAPPPPPY FRIDAY!!! I am so glad we have a 3 day weekend to recover from all this craziness called 10 more days of school…seriously…there aren’t enough hours in the day to get all things on my checklist crossed off. I’m kind of a geek like that. It doesn’t make me happy until it gets crossed off. Twice. With red pen. It’s a sickness…I know. Here’s a couple of snapshots into our week in second, almost third grade!
1) THE ASTRONAUT DAN BURSCH CAME!!! He was the coolest guest speaker I’ve ever had. (Sorry, hubby) It was a such a remarkable experience for my students and a once in a lifetime opportunity. I was soooo proud that they were so articulate and were able to make connections with the knowledge we’ve been learning about as well as the real life space experiences that Dan Bursch was speaking about. Later on, he mentioned to my hubby that my kids were so well-behaved and really knew their stuff! Couldn’t have asked for a better compliment.
2) Vacations BOOKED! Baja Cruise and New Orleans here we come! Any suggestions on really cool stuff to do in New Orleans? We’ll be there in mid July. We’ve never been!
3) I’m sooo ready for school to be out and really get to enjoy the beach. Sun tanning lotion, mojitos, and celebrity gossip magazines are calling my name!!!!
4) Freebie! Click on any of the images below to snag this summer themed freebie! :)
5) Family reunion tomorrow! I’m in charge of face painting and scavenger hunt! Watch out…I can work wonders with a brush and some face paint!